Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

2/21/2013 Cordoba

Wow!! We had sooo much fun in Cordoba. I am so happy that my friends and I decided to extend our trip rather than just being there for the day. With the school, we went to the cathedral in Cordoba, which if any of you have seen my pictures on facebook then you know how beautiful it was. The tour with the school also took us around in the older parts of town for a little while too. After our tour the rest of the students got about two hours of free time. But since my friends and I were staying we just had to wait til the bus was unlocked to get our things. During that time, Gabe and I went up in Puenta de Pueta, which is inside and on top of the archway leading into the old city of Cordoba. We also went to the other side of the river and and looked at the old tower and down by the river. It was a lot of fun. When four o'clock came we got all our things from the bus and thank the school staff for the trip and headed on our own way. We weren't completely by ourselves though. For the rest of the weekend, Gabe's cousin, Alex, hung out with us and showed us around the city.  Friday night for dinner we met with Gabe's other cousin and Alex's sister, Christina, and her boyfriend, Jaime. The seven of us went to dinner together. When we got to the restaurant and ordered, I couldn't believe the size of the plates. They ordered three plates that in Seville would have fed  four of us maybe for lunch. But at this restaurant the three plates fed all seven of us completely and there was still food left over. On Saturday it was a lot easier to get around the city because Alex had a car. So our Saturday took us to a park, and a zoo, along with lunch and Gabe's family's house. The lunch was delicious and Gabe's family welcomed us with opened arms. His aunt and uncle even set up our bus tickets home for us and met us at the station with sandwiches and water for dinner. It was great. The two days in Cordoba was definitely a success. I have found that the more cities I travel to here the more I love it. On Sunday, my freinds and I headed to Colonials yet again for another filling and absolutely delicious lunch. It was an awesome weekend overall.
The weeks have calmed down a bit for me here but I still have Flamenco class twice a week, which I always love!!! On Tuesday, it was nice because I got to have a conversation with a really close guy-friend from high school and even sent me a video message, which just reminded me so much of home. I was so appreciative to receive it from him because though we hardly talk anymore, we are the type of best friends who can pick up right where we left off. I also get to talk to my mom everyday and though while at home we have our many rough moments together, I know she will always be one of my closest friends. And though it's hard, my boyfriend and I have managed more than well with me being this far away. We only get to talk through email, but I can't complain because at least I have that. It has been hard not to get to see him during my weeks but we are managing well and our relationship has just become that much stronger by the distance. I miss all back home and hope that all of my friends are having a great semester at school. I can't believe I have been here for over a month already, but I will see you all in a little over two months!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We enjoy reading about your experiences. Take advantage of everything you can.

    ReplyDelete