Pages

Thursday, January 17, 2013

1/16/13 SEVILLE!!!!

Well, I had four flights in order to get to Seville. The first was Moline, IL to Chicago, IL. The flight was really  short, only about 30-40 minutes of airtime. Once I got to Chicago I went about finding my next flight gate. I got off at terminal G at the far end and I had to go all the way to the end of terminal K, which is pretty much at the other end of a completely different wing of the airport so it ended up being like a ten minute walk! Once I got there I had to hurry up and wait...for 6 hours!!! For food, I got the cheapest thing I could get at an airport. McDonald's  It was awesome to get to spend part of my layover time in Chicago with Gabe and Hannah, the other two Seville students from Platteville. On the plane the dinner was actually pretty good. We had beef tips with pearl onions and mushrooms with gravy  mashed potatoes, crab salad, vegetables, and tiramisu  For part of the flight I hung out in the empty seat next to Gabe and we had some pretty interesting conversations through-out the flight. During the flight they played the movie Ted: The Lost Explorer.
For kids movie it was actually pretty good. During the movie,Gabe and I decided that there were a few specifics that made the movie so great. First, the bad guy looked like a cross between Arnold Schwarzengger and Dr. Claw from Inspector gadget. Second the main characters got to ride llamas. And third, the parrot in the film looked just like an angry bird. After that we had another really short flight from Madrid to Seville. Once we landed in Seville the real fun began. It turned out they with the weight of all the luggage they could only put about half of it on our plane. Soooo guess who  didn't get their luggage....THIS GIRL!!! Along with Gabe and like 6 other Seville students in my program. So then Gabe and I had to wait in a line for two hours to give there airline the address to send our luggage too. Then we finally left our last airport for the next few weeks or so. I got given an orientation folder at the exit and put into a taxi which drove me to the alley that my house is on. So then I couldn't find my house and ended up stopping at a little coffee shop in the alley where my house was and he pointed me in the right direction. When I got to my house my landlady Churo answered the door. She let me in and started giving my a tour of her house...and it is beautiful!! There are three floors and each one is likes its own little apartment. She lives with her husband on the first floor. One of her there daughters lives on the second floor with her two sons. And my roommate Tessa and I are on the third floor. We both have our own bedrooms we have a bathroom for the two of us, and we have a balcony that is actually very large!! Once I saw my house, Chuco served me lunch and it was so much food that I didn't even finish. The we went on a walking tour around our barrio with the other students living in the area. Once we were shown where the Institute was we were sent off to do what we wanted. Our small grouped stayed a whole and decided to walk through the center of Seville. Finally we ended the night at a small bar celebrated one of the students birthdays with a drink. After that it was home for the night to eat dinner and be off to bed. So until my adventures star again tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment