Pages

Friday, January 18, 2013

1/17/13 my first full day!

My first full day in Spain was awesome. I realize now that I am a lot better in Spanish than I give myself credit for. My day started at 8am when I got up and ready for the day. My senora made us breakfast at 9am. Then Tessa and I left for the school at about 9:30. We had pre-orientation at the school at 10. After orientation about 15 of us went across the street from our school to the plaza and had coffee or hot chocolate at a cafe there. I had to wait at the school til about 2:15 to see if my luggage would come and it didn't so I had to leave because lunch at my house was suppose to be at 2:30. But I got a little turned around on my way back. I took one wrong street and got TOTALLY lost. I was lost for like 45 minutes and I was worried because I don't have a phone yet so I couldn't tell my senora that I was going to be late. I find that I do miss being home but I also found that there is so much in Spain that I love more than in America and that includes the food! After lunch I took a nap for about two hours. At 6 almost all of the students decied to attend the Flamenco performance. It cost 15 euros to see and it was really fun. Many of the students decided after that that we are going sign up for the flamenco dance class that is offered so that we can dance flamenco at the big festival in April. After the performance. My roommate Tessa and I went home for dinner at 9pm. Then at 10:45 we met up with a some-what large group of students and we went to different bars so that we could see the Spanish night life. It was a lot of fun. I went home around 1230 becuase I was tired and still suffering from jet lag. When I got home I skyped with my dad. It was the first time i had seen my parents or talked to them since I left them at the airport tuesday morning!!! I have found that everything here is so different and so exciting. I can't wait for what lies ahead!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you are having an awesome time. We look forward to hearing about all your experiences.

    ReplyDelete