Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

1/18/13


Plaza de Espana

Some of the hand painted ceramic

The white peacock with its feathers out
All the pigeons
 Wow! Everyday I find myself even more amazed with this city. Mondays through Thurdays, Tessa and I have a pretty set schedule for meals with our senora: breakfast at 9am, lunch at 2:30, and dinner at 9pm. In the morning we had the second part of our orientation. The person who is supposed to be getting us SIM cards for cell phones couldn't come so we couldn't get our cell phone yet. After orientation, the group went on the tour of La Plaza de Espana. It was beautiful. In the first part of the park there is a huge monument building. There is also a museum in the park. It is amazing because all the ceramic in the fountain area is hand painted. It was so beautiful and I want to take so many more pictures so I definitely want to go back. The next area that we walked through was the park area that had all the trees. One thing that has really amazed me is how many palm trees are in Seville. There are palm trees and orange trees every. The next really cool thing that was saw was a short tower that was surrounded by trees. Then we noticed that there were four peacocks on the ledge. Two of the were white and two had the shiny blue heads. While we were standing there we were lucky enough to see two of them spread their feathers. But there was one thing there that I personally thought was the best was the small area where there were tons of pigeons  Many people may think this is weird or even gross but some of us walked into the pigeons and bought food to feed them with and they would fly and land on. They would land anywhere from on your hands to on your heads. It was just so much fun to do and it was a really fun experience. After seeing the plaza we all headed back to our houses for lunch and a nap. Again I will say that I love how the food is so much healthier here than back home. After my nap, I got up and changed for the night. The school put on a welcome party for us at a small bar with free drinks and tapas (kind of like appetizers). This was great because on Friday night our senora does not cook for us so it was nice that the meal was provided for us. While there I have a few glasses of sangria and a beer. Then at about 11 my friends and I decided to go wander around for a while. Then Liz, Hannah, and I decided that we really wanted ice cream so Gabe helped us on our hunt for and open ice cream shop. We found one at about 11:30 and it was delicious! After that we decided that we would meet at about ten in the morning to have breakfast together somewhere and we all headed home. Overall it was another very successful day in Spain!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment